Glanbrook Heritage Society
Thank you for visiting the Glanbrook Heritage Society website. We welcome your return to
check on our regular updates to the Events Calendars and Newsletters.
Calendar of Events - Monthly Meetings and Community Events
- Please visit the Hamilton Spectator - Birth, Deaths and Marriages section of this website. Many updates are happening frequently and are a great
resource for research.
- Monday, March 21, 2016; St. Paulís Glanford Anglican church, 2869 Upper James Street, Mount Hope, 7:30 PM. Annual meeting and potluck supper.
- Monday, April 18: Monthly meeting at Orchard Court, 2800 Library Lane, Binbrook, 7:30 PM.
- Saturday & Sunday, May 7 & 8 Doors Open Hamilton. Open house at various locations throughout the city, usually 10 AM to 4 PM but times may vary.
- For May, the monthly meeting has been changed to an invitation on Saturday, June 5 & Sunday June 6 for a general open house of International Harvester equipment and memorabilia at the home of Larry & Lindy Smith, 6136 White Church Road, Mount Hope
- Monday, June 20: Strawberry social at the Newport residence, 7349 Airport Road, Mount Hope, Note the time Ė 7:00 PM.
- Hereís an advance notice of an October joint meeting with Stoney Creek Historical Society. Itís at the Stoney Creek municipal service centre, 777 King Street east, Stoney Creek, Wednesday, October 5, time to be announced. Speaker is Thanh Campbell, the story of orphan 32.
- A gentle reminder - membership dues of $15 for 2016 are gratefully accepted, especially if you wish to vote at our annual meeting.
Villages of Glanbrook
Click on the links below to discover more about the communities that form the region
About The Glanbrook Heritage Society
To simplify local historical interests, one group was needed to collect, maintain and preserve the creation and history of the former Townships of Binbrook and Glanford. These were amalgamated to form the Township of Glanbrook in the Regional Municipality of Hamilton Wentworth in 1974. The Glanbrook Heritage Society is the name change ratified by the Glanford Historical Society (established as a registered non-profit organization in 1984)for use with the merger of the Binbrook Historical Society (est.in 1975), the Maggie Johnson Heritage Foundation (est. 1985) and the Glanford Historical Society.
Since the disappearance of Binbrook, Glanford and most recently Glanbrook more and more information vanishes forever as papers and pictures are destroyed and the older generations pass away along with their knowlege. To minimize the loss of this information the former societies have undertaken the task of collecting the history of the townships to be presented in the public in book form. This has been done to a certain extent with the publication of four books by the two historical societies.
Charitable Registration # 0673681-50
Web Design: Maria Pyne
© Glanbrook Heritage Society 2016
Top of Page